L-Carnitine is a chemical that our body produces naturally in the brain, liver, and kidneys. The main benefit of L-Carnitine is to turn fat into energy. It is very important for heart and brain function, movement of the muscles and other vital body functions. Other benefits of L-Carnitine include conditions of blood vessels and kidney disease. L-Carnitine gets stored in the brain, heart, and muscles. The common food source of L-Carnitine includes beef steak, milk, chicken breast, asparagus, wheat bread, and even ice cream. Let’s try and understand how L-Carnitine helps you to get slim and helps you to achieve your fitness goals.
L-Carnitine for weight loss
L-Carnitine works by transporting fatty acids into mitochondria. With the help of oxidation reaction, the mitochondria then break down fat and fatty acids, this creates energy that boosts performance and pushes the body to faster metabolism which results in weight loss.
There are multiple ways L-Carnitine is beneficial in weight loss
L-Carnitine Boost your Metabolism
One of the common reasons that people gain weight is a faster metabolism rate. Some studies have shown that people with a low level of L-Carnitine in their body tend to burn fat slower than someone with high levels of L-carnitine. Because L-Carnitine helps in transporting fatty acids around your body, it increases the chances of your cells having the right mechanism for boosting your metabolism.
L-Carnitine helps to burn your body fat
Belly fat is also known as “visceral body fats,” are some of the most dangerous fats in your body. They are located near the liver hence they can cause a lot of diseases that could affect the heart and the muscles. L-Carnitine helps burn more fats and prevent bad cholesterol build-up. It helps shed body fats down to the cellular level. In fact, some studies have shown that those who include L-Carnitine in their IV bags are more successful in losing weight than those who regularly exercise without adding this to their dietary intake.
L-Carnitine helps to build muscle strength
Fatty acid oxidation releases energy that is used to improve muscle strength. Increased L-Carnitine levels are also helpful for repairing muscles that tear up during the workouts.
L-Carnitine Improve your gains during the workout
L-Carnitine is the perfect for workout and bodybuilding programs since they require a higher level of energy to stay fit when performing high-intensity training. L-Carnitine helps to eliminate the pain-causing elements resulting after an intense workout such as burning muscle pains. Because you feel less pain you can increase your endurance so that you can enjoy your workouts.
L-Carnitine helps to Boost Sperm Count
Normal sperm motility is around 55% to 75%, which decreases 5 to 10% on average per hour. L-Carnitine helps sperm to swim, and so is a crucial nutrient for men with poor sperm quality. This is especially important because weakly-swimming sperm, or asthenospermia, is one of the most important reasons for male factor infertility. Studies indicate that acetyl-L-carnitine may increase testosterone production and improve testicular function, ultimately boosting healthy sperm count.
L-Carnitine (comes in sterile water) is often taken 2ml before the drip or workout.
- Chest pain (angina). Taking L-carnitine by mouth or by IV seems to improve exercise tolerance in people with chest pain. Taking L-carnitine along with standard treatment also seems to reduce chest pain and improve exercise ability in people with cardiac syndrome X. People with this condition have chest pain but not blocked arteries.
- Heart failure and fluid buildup in the body (congestive heart failure or CHF). Taking L-carnitine by mouth or by IV seems to improve symptoms and increase exercise ability in people with heart failure.
- High levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Taking L-carnitine by mouth or by IV can improve cholesterol and triglyceride levels by a small amount.
- Kidney failure. The FDA has approved giving L-carnitine by IV, but not by mouth, for kidney failure. This can only be given by a healthcare provider.
- Conditions in a male that prevent a female partner from getting pregnant (male infertility). Taking L-carnitine by mouth, alone or together with acetyl-L-carnitine, increases sperm count and sperm movement in males with fertility problems. Some research shows that this increases the chance of pregnancy.
- Swelling (inflammation) of the heart (myocarditis). Some patients who have had diphtheria can develop myocarditis. Taking DL-carnitine by mouth seems to reduce the risk of myocarditis and death.
- A hormonal disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with cysts (polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS). Taking L-carnitine by mouth can increase ovulation and the chance of getting pregnant in people who don’t respond to the medication clomiphene. Also, taking L-carnitine might help with weight loss and improving blood sugar levels.
- Toxic side effects caused by the drug valproic acid. Toxicity caused by valproic acid seems to be linked with L-carnitine deficiency
The services provided by us have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Always consult your physician before beginning any therapy program. Any designations or references to therapies are for marketing purposes only.